SciPost Submission Page
Scrambling under quench
by Adith Sai Aramthottil, Diptarka Das, Suchetan Das, Bidyut Dey
|Authors (as Contributors):||Diptarka Das|
|Date submitted:||2022-12-01 16:01|
|Submitted by:||Das, Diptarka|
|Submitted to:||SciPost Physics Core|
We evaluate out of time ordered correlators in certain low dimensional quantum systems at zero temperature, subjected to homogenous quantum quenches. We find that when the Lyapunov exponent exists, it can be identified with the quenched energy. We show that the exponent naturally gets related to the post-quench effective temperature. In the context of sudden quenches the exponent is determined in terms of the quench amplitude while for smooth quenches we observe scalings (both the Kibble-Zurek as well as the fast) of the exponent with the quench rate. The scalings are identical to that of the energy generated during the quench.
For Journal SciPost Physics Core: Publish
(status: Editorial decision fixed and (if required) accepted by authors)
Author comments upon resubmission
List of changes
All the changes are marked in color blue:
1. The introduction now has a paragraph on page 3 with comments on why we study sudden and smooth quenches for the cases we do. This is to address point 1 of anonymous Referee 3 of SciPost during our previous submission.
2. Appendix A.1 has been added along with Fig. 8 which clarifies the extraction of the exponent. This is to address partially the objections of anonymous Referee 1 of SciPost during our previous submission.
3. Captions in Figures have been improved. In particular variances have been added in the plot for Fig. 2 implementing the change suggested by anonymous Referee 2 of SciPost during our previous submission. Fig. 6. caption has also been improved taking into account the suggestion of anonymous Referee 3.
4. In order to address the point 3 of anonymous Referee 3 we have included a review of Kibble-Zurek and fast scaling during quenches  as well as added some explanations of the scalings in section 2.3.
5. Following the suggestion of Referee 2 we have added a new Appendix C where we analyze the algebraic growth in DOTOC and explore the scalings in the corresponding rate controlling the growths. This appendix also contains two new figures, 10 and 11.
6. We have streamlined the Conclusions section in the updated submission. This is to address point 4 of anonymous Referee 3 of SciPost during our previous submission.
7. We added a line in our Acknowledgements section thanking the Referee 2 for urging us to investigate DOTOC, leading to discovering also universal scalings in the extensive quantity.
Submission & Refereeing History
You are currently on this page
- Report 2 submitted on 2022-12-19 14:58 by Anonymous
- Report 1 submitted on 2022-12-19 14:18 by Anonymous
Reports on this Submission
Anonymous Report 2 on 2022-12-19 (Invited Report)
The authors have addressed my comments satisfactorily. The paper hits the standard of Scipost Physics Core, therefore I recommend its publication.
Anonymous Report 1 on 2022-12-19 (Invited Report)
I'm happy with the authors' modifications and additional explanations. I recommend the manuscript for publication.