We study symmetry principles associated with the approximately conserved enstrophy current, responsible for the inverse energy cascade in non relativistic 2+1 dimensional turbulence. We do so by identifying the accidental symmetry associated with enstrophy current conservation in a recently realized effective action principle for hydrodynamics. Our analysis deals with both relativistic and non relativistic effective actions and their associated symmetries.
Cited by 2
Authors / Affiliations: mappings to Contributors and OrganizationsSee all Organizations.
- 1 Max-Planck-Institut für Empirische Ästhetik / Max Planck Institute for Empirical Aesthetics [MPIEA]
- 2 Katholieke Universiteit Leuven / KU Leuven [KU Leuven]
- 3 Massachusetts Institute of Technology [MIT]
- 4 Università degli Studi di Firenze / University of Florence [UniFI]
- 5 Department of Physics, Technion
- European Commission [EC]
- Israel Science Foundation [ISF]
- United States - Israel Binational Science Foundation (through Organization: United States-Israel Binational Science Foundation [BSF])