We use a network of chiral junctions to construct a family of topological chiral spin liquids in two spatial dimensions. The chiral spin liquid phase harbors SU(2)$_k$ anyons, which stem from the underlying SU(2)$_k$ WZW models that describe the constituent spin chains of the network. The network exhibits quantized spin and thermal Hall conductances. We illustrate our construction by inspecting the topological properties of the SU(2)$_2$ model. We find that this model has emergent Ising anyons, with spinons acting as vortex excitations that bind Majorana zero modes. We also show that the ground state of this network is threefold degenerate on the torus, asserting its non-Abelian character. Our results shed new light on the stability of non-Abelian topological phases in artificial quantum materials.
Cited by 1
Wu et al., U(1)
symmetry enriched toric code
Phys. Rev. B 108, 115159 (2023) [Crossref]
Authors / Affiliations: mappings to Contributors and OrganizationsSee all Organizations.
- 1 Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte / Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte [UFRN]
- 2 Boston University [BU]
- 3 Instituto Internacional de Fisica / International Institute of Physics
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico / National Council for Scientific and Technological Development [CNPq]
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (through Organization: Coordenação de Aperfeicoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior [CAPES])
- Ministério da Ciência, Tecnologia e Inovação
- Ministério da Educação
- United States Department of Energy [DOE]