We explore a new numerical method for studying one-dimensional quantum systems in a trapping potential. We focus on the setup of an impurity in a fermionic background, where a single distinguishable particle interacts through a contact potential with a number of identical fermions. We can accurately describe this system, for various particle numbers, different trapping potentials and arbitrary finite repulsion, by constructing a truncated basis containing states at both zero and infinite repulsion. The results are compared with matrix product states methods and with the analytical result for two particles in a harmonic well.
Cited by 1
Kościk et al., Pair-correlation ansatz for the ground state of interacting bosons in an arbitrary one-dimensional potential
Sci Rep 11, 13168 (2021) [Crossref]
Authors / Affiliations: mappings to Contributors and OrganizationsSee all Organizations.
- 1 Kungliga Tekniska högskolan / Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) [KTH]
- 2 Stockholm University [Univ Stockholm]
- 3 Nordisk Institut for Teoretisk Fysik / Nordic Institute for Theoretical Physics [NORDITA]
- 4 Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul / Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul [UFRGS]
- 5 Aarhus Universitet / Aarhus University [AU]
- Aarhus Universitet / Aarhus University [AU]
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico / National Council for Scientific and Technological Development [CNPq]
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (through Organization: Coordenação de Aperfeicoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior [CAPES])