We study the exact physical quantities of a competing spin chain which contains many interesting and meaningful couplings including the nearest neighbor, next nearest neighbor, chiral three spins, Dzyloshinsky-Moriya interactions and unparallel boundary magnetic fields in the thermodynamic limit. We obtain the density of zero roots, surface energies and elementary excitations in different regimes of model parameters. Due to the competition of various interactions, the surface energy and excited spectrum show many different pictures from those of the Heisenberg spin chain.
Authors / Affiliations: mappings to Contributors and OrganizationsSee all Organizations.
- 1 中国科学院 / Chinese Academy of Sciences [CAS]
- 2 西北大学 / Northwest University [NWU]
- 3 中国科学院大学 / University of Chinese Academy of Sciences [UCAS]
- 4 Peng Huanwu Center for Fundamental Theory
- 5 松山湖材料实验室 / Songshan Lake Materials Laboratory [SLAB]
- 6 Shaanxi Key Laboratory for Theoretical Physics Frontiers [SKLTPF]
- Australian Research Council [ARC]
- China Postdoctoral Science Foundation
- Key Research and Development Projects of Shaanxi Province
- National Key Research and Development Program of China (through Organization: Ministry of Science and Technology of the People's Republic of China [MOST])
- National Natural Science Foundation of China [NSFC]
- University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (through Organization: 中国科学院 / Chinese Academy of Sciences [CAS])