A holographic description of three-dimensional warped black holes suffers from ambiguities due to a seemingly harmless choice of coordinate system. This gives rise to the notion of ensembles in warped black holes, and we focus on two of them: the canonical and quadratic ensemble. Our aim is to quantify the imprint of these ensembles in the near-extremal limit of a warped black hole. To this end, for each ensemble, we explore the thermodynamic response and evaluate greybody factors. We also set-up a holographic dictionary in their near-AdS$_2$ region, and decode aspects of the dual near-CFT$_1$. This gives us different perspectives of the black hole that we can contrast and compare. On the one hand, we find perfect agreement between the near-extremal limit of the canonical ensemble warped black holes, their near-AdS$_2$ effective analysis, and a warped conformal field theory description. On the other, we are led to rule out the quadratic ensemble due to inconsistencies at the quantum level with the near-AdS$_2$ effective description.
Authors / Affiliations: mappings to Contributors and OrganizationsSee all Organizations.
- 1 Universiteit van Amsterdam / University of Amsterdam [UvA]
- 2 Université Libre de Bruxelles [ULB]
- 3 University of Cambridge
- 4 McGill University
- Fonds De La Recherche Scientifique - FNRS (FNRS) (through Organization: Fonds National de la Recherche Scientifique [FNRS])
- Conseil de Recherches en Sciences Naturelles et en Génie / Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council [NSERC / CRSNG]
- Nederlandse Organisatie voor Wetenschappelijk Onderzoek / Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research [NWO]
- Science and Technology Facilities Council [STFC]
- Simons Foundation