The Bayesian reweighting procedure is applied for the first time to a TMD distribution, the quark Sivers function extracted from SIDIS data. By exploiting the recent published single spin asymmetry data for the inclusive jet production in $p^\uparrow p$ collisions from the STAR collaboration at RHIC, we show how such a procedure allows to incorporate the information contained in the new data set, without the need of re-fitting, and to explore a much wider $x$ region compared to SIDIS measurements. The reweighting method is also extended to the case of asymmetric errors, and the results show a significant improvement on the knowledge of the quark Sivers function.
Authors / Affiliations: mappings to Contributors and OrganizationsSee all Organizations.
- 1 Carlo Flore,
- 2 3 Mariaelena Boglione,
- 4 5 Umberto D'Alesio,
- 2 3 Josè Osvaldo Gonzalez-Hernandez,
- 5 Francesco Murgia,
- 6 7 Alexey Prokudin
- 1 Université Paris-Saclay / University of Paris-Saclay
- 2 Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare / National Institute for Nuclear Physics [INFN]
- 3 Università degli Studi di Torino / University of Turin [UNITO]
- 4 Università degli Studi di Cagliari / University of Cagliari [UniCa]
- 5 INFN Sezione di Cagliari
- 6 Pennsylvania State University [PSU]
- 7 Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility [JLAB]