We calculate azimuthal correlations between the exclusively produced vector meson and the scattered electron in Deep Inelastic Scattering processes at the future Electron-Ion Collider (EIC). We identify "kinematical" and "intrinsic" contributions to these correlations, and show that the correlations are sensitive to the non-trivial correlations in the gluon distribution of the target. Realistic predictions at the EIC kinematics are provided using two different approaches to describe the dipole-proton interaction at relatively small $x$.
Authors / Affiliations: mappings to Contributors and OrganizationsSee all Organizations.
- 1 2 Adrian Dumitru,
- 3 4 Heikki Mäntysaari,
- 3 Risto Paatelainen,
- 5 6 Kaushik Roy,
- 5 7 Farid Salazar,
- 7 Björn Peter Schenke
- 1 Baruch College
- 2 City University of New York [CUNY]
- 3 Helsingfors universitet / University of Helsinki [UH]
- 4 Jyväskylän yliopisto / University of Jyväskylä
- 5 Stony Brook University [SUNY Stony Brook]
- 6 Max-Planck-Institut für Physik / Max Planck Institute for Physics [MPP]
- 7 Brookhaven National Laboratory [BNL]